Skip to main content

Inspiration

The plains of the Werithain (early book two) 
{actually, it's near Lancaster, California...never been there, but it looks nice}

Where does one get inspiration today.  Sometimes it's all doom and gloom out there, and the news pushes every bit of information to make life seem...well, horrible.  No wonder people write fantasy.  Inspiration is required, and for me it comes easily: a beautiful photo, a great song, a warm spring day, most Sundays in general. And then, if I'm lucky, I write.

Not sure if my books will ever be widely read, and that's a scary thought; but I sit down, wonder if it's worth it, then look and the page and want to go on.  I look a picture, or recall a place I've been, and write or create, whatever name you give to art.  God made things beautiful -- why can't I.

Book three is started, although book(parts) one and two can be read independently, and it will be slow going. But I want to do it.  Chapter two is rolling along, and I have to turn the mood soon.  Lots in my mind to the story, just need to outline my thoughts and get it right.  Thanks for listening.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What have you created today?

A little dryness in writing needs -- inspiration. It's not too far away. Look around, look it up, look within. Be inspired. Now write something.

Details, details...

The excuse of slow-writing knows no bounds. At 60,000 words, I could pat myself on the back; but many others crush my speed with their dedicated writing schedules. No matter - I have excuses galore. (although, I have given up some activities for Lent that directly influence my own writing schedule - so hopefully I'll get moving here) Anyone who reads my blog entries, and bless you if you do, may realize that I rarely speak of good writing/criticism/grammar/punctuation. There are plenty that do, and they do it well. To write well takes practice, patience, and a whole lot of opinion -- the friendly stranger sort. My advice to writing well: join a writing group, and there are plenty online to do it. There I learned a lot, and I learned when it was no longer useful. (it is hard to critique chapter five without reading chapters one through four - grammar aside) As you may know, I'm all about world-building and being immersed in a solid story - even if it spans many books. The ex...

Half way there!

Alpenglow in Huork, Nordhiem (or a facsimile of...)  My goal prior to 2012 was a modest one, and that was to reach my goal of 50k words. That is -- half a book, and half to go. I can safely say, as of this writing, "Prince of the Furies", is at 50,200 words and climbing. Nowhere to go but up from here. Things are getting thick for my crew and trouble is brewing on the horizon. Nothing like a horrible creature to make a troubled year complete. I will keep everyone posted on the progress.