Skip to main content

Time's up....almost.

I recall JRR Tolkien in his biography spelling out the lapsed time between his writings. How he changed 'his country, his house, and his chair' over time, to paraphrase. He seemed as dreadfully a slow writer as I am. Now as I look shamefully at the lapse of time between my own entries, I realized he wasn't alone in change. But this is a book blog, and I have every intention of carrying on what I started many years ago - longer than many of you imagine - and my growing list of Outcasts can carry on with their adventures.


So in this busyness of my own doing - happily may I add - a place is setting itself for new surroundings...and that new chair, among other things. At the right time will come time to begin again (actually, it's book five that needs restarted and hardly a beginning at all). So bear with me a little longer and let's get back to the business of storytelling.


the latest chapter....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What have you created today?

A little dryness in writing needs -- inspiration. It's not too far away. Look around, look it up, look within. Be inspired. Now write something.

Details, details...

The excuse of slow-writing knows no bounds. At 60,000 words, I could pat myself on the back; but many others crush my speed with their dedicated writing schedules. No matter - I have excuses galore. (although, I have given up some activities for Lent that directly influence my own writing schedule - so hopefully I'll get moving here) Anyone who reads my blog entries, and bless you if you do, may realize that I rarely speak of good writing/criticism/grammar/punctuation. There are plenty that do, and they do it well. To write well takes practice, patience, and a whole lot of opinion -- the friendly stranger sort. My advice to writing well: join a writing group, and there are plenty online to do it. There I learned a lot, and I learned when it was no longer useful. (it is hard to critique chapter five without reading chapters one through four - grammar aside) As you may know, I'm all about world-building and being immersed in a solid story - even if it spans many books. The ex...

Half way there!

Alpenglow in Huork, Nordhiem (or a facsimile of...)  My goal prior to 2012 was a modest one, and that was to reach my goal of 50k words. That is -- half a book, and half to go. I can safely say, as of this writing, "Prince of the Furies", is at 50,200 words and climbing. Nowhere to go but up from here. Things are getting thick for my crew and trouble is brewing on the horizon. Nothing like a horrible creature to make a troubled year complete. I will keep everyone posted on the progress.