Skip to main content

Life is the Fantasy

A scene from book two, chapter four.
It's funny how life imitates fantasy, or vise versa.

When I write, I just kinda make it up as I go. (Well, there is an outline to follow)
But I always found things that reminded me of my books: people, places, images.
I like having a connection between the here and now, and the world within.
How many times as boys, my friend and I saw Hobbiton across the hill from Ridge Road
looking towards Jefferson. At least it fed our imaginations. Time to look for more pics...
and write, of course.  

Castle Rohbir, in Nordhiem. (or damn close)


One of my favorite hikes...

Comments

Julee J. Adams said…
Great pictures--I had to smile. My heroes in my first two books are originally from Pittsburgh. I flew through there and bought a Penguins hat because I like Penguins and everytime I wear it, people start talking hockey.
Anyway, more of a hard SF fan, rather than fantasy, in fact, my husband and I ran a convention and were Fan GoHs at a large regional convention years ago. Congrats on your successes so far! New to the blogging thing and working on romances, but if you'd like to stop by: http://fateandfaith-julee.blogspot.com/2011/05/follow-friday-and-some-amusing-links.html

Popular posts from this blog

What have you created today?

A little dryness in writing needs -- inspiration. It's not too far away. Look around, look it up, look within. Be inspired. Now write something.

Details, details...

The excuse of slow-writing knows no bounds. At 60,000 words, I could pat myself on the back; but many others crush my speed with their dedicated writing schedules. No matter - I have excuses galore. (although, I have given up some activities for Lent that directly influence my own writing schedule - so hopefully I'll get moving here) Anyone who reads my blog entries, and bless you if you do, may realize that I rarely speak of good writing/criticism/grammar/punctuation. There are plenty that do, and they do it well. To write well takes practice, patience, and a whole lot of opinion -- the friendly stranger sort. My advice to writing well: join a writing group, and there are plenty online to do it. There I learned a lot, and I learned when it was no longer useful. (it is hard to critique chapter five without reading chapters one through four - grammar aside) As you may know, I'm all about world-building and being immersed in a solid story - even if it spans many books. The ex...

Half way there!

Alpenglow in Huork, Nordhiem (or a facsimile of...)  My goal prior to 2012 was a modest one, and that was to reach my goal of 50k words. That is -- half a book, and half to go. I can safely say, as of this writing, "Prince of the Furies", is at 50,200 words and climbing. Nowhere to go but up from here. Things are getting thick for my crew and trouble is brewing on the horizon. Nothing like a horrible creature to make a troubled year complete. I will keep everyone posted on the progress.