Skip to main content

And then there were five

In an attempt at the world's worst salesmanship, I've made nary an attempt to sell the Lords of Winterfell, let alone market my fourth installment to the Outcast Alliance series. It's what I do (or don't do -- depending on your perspective). In case you think I've slacked, you're wrong...ok, you are once again right, but I have written some stuff. Drum roll,  please...

Book Five is at 11k, which only sounds impressive to non-writers. But it's good enough to put me a couple chapters in; I think I'm somewhere into three and four. My wonderful writing software (Scrivener) makes it easier to sort and script simultaneous chapters at once. Will I write faster now? Probably not. But it's a goal.

Now the big question: do I have a title? Not at all. Not even a working one. I have a loose outline to follow and a decent idea where this one ends, and yes, then book six begins. My word, six? How many more can we take? Seven. The loose answer is seven books including the four previous releases...as long as I follow that darn outline. We shall see.

I didn't plan on a snippet, but lessie what I can do:

Jascha heard a low wrap upon his door. He opened his eyes only to realize he was still in bed and cold even beneath his covers. He sat up quickly. Seldom was he ever roused from sleep by another.
“What is it?” he asked.
“Jascha, someone is at the gate.”
Alarmed at the revelation he grabbed his boots and shirt. “I’ll be right there…”
The vividness of his dream swiftly evaporated as once outside he was reminded of winter and its recent onslaught upon tiny Nye. The great storm of the North swept also through the Fallis village leaving piles of snow along with a bitter chill. Jascha ignored the elements and headed at once for the city marker.
A horse and rider waited beneath the banner post and entrance to Nye. This was no Messenger of Fawarra but a venturing soul. He was not lost. Jascha was quick to recall the young man’s face and proud saddleless steed of silver-gray. The visitor reciprocated the bow.
“Do not think I forget names so easily, or so fine a horse,” said Jascha reaching to touch the animal’s muzzle.
“I had no doubt you would recall my face — but welcome to your village I was unsure.”
Jascha lifted a hand to assist the rider down to the snowy earth. “Leonin son of Lenin, I do not forget,” he said. "But what brings you here alone and out of the tempest?”
“It is not the storm I fear, but what lay in the wide world. I am troubled to my soul.”

At Leonin’s words, Jascha was reminded of his dream. “Come with me, friend. We shall see what ails your soul…”

Comments

Race said…
Fix Issues In Receiving The SMS Verification Need Bittrex Support
Haven’t you complete SMS verification process for Bittrex? Do you want to receive SMS verification in a proper manner? Well, to eliminate all the errors, directly dial Bittrex Support +1833-228-1682 and speak to the professionals who will operate your query with the finest solutions and support. The professionals have hand in fixing all the issues in minimal time. So, make the best use of their services without any worries. You can trust their services as they believe in satisfying users with their services.
Website:- https://www.cryptophonesupport.com/exchange/bittrex/

Popular posts from this blog

Rainy days and Fridays

Wait, it's only Friday. I usually do these things on Saturday nights. Well, when the time is right, I write. And for once I did write -- just a little revisiting on previous chapters of book five. I talk about the next book often, but the challenge to keep things moving is a difficult one. Given time and more time, it can happen. So where was I the last time we got together? Ah yes, lamenting another lonely  Saturday. Maybe that's why I'm writing on a Friday. The goal here is not to lament or complain -- I considered a snippet, which I can post any time, but tonight I just felt like writing...at least before it gets too late. You ever try to reinvent yoursel f; try something new; or take a somewhat leap of faith? No doubt, to get anywhere in life, you might want to attempt one of these things. As I grow older I feel myself taking chances more than once. More than often. I drive those close to me crazy over my past decisions, to be sure. I believe some of us take sometimes f

Home is where the broken heart is

This getting to be a habit. My blog posts? Not really. Actually, my mom would say that a lot growing up. Amusingly, the last time I remember her saying it was feeding her at the hospital during a bad UTI episode. A couple spoonfuls in and she goes, "this is getting to be a habit". I was more stunned to hear it than laugh. "Ya, gotta eat mother..." I'm a week late to acknowledge mom - Mother's Day being last Sunday. I guess I didn't feel a blog in me last week. She passed in March and joined dad who went in 2018. Good memories and still some things we may never understand, as in most families. Mom was mom. Just take me along when you slide on down . That song comes to mind now. Commonplace lyrics, from Hey Nineteen by Steely Dan, aren't so commonplace anymore. If I talk music with someone a lot younger than me, I can no longer make assumptions. A c onversation might have sounded something like this: "Y eah, that was that group you may have heard

Saturday night, again...

  Bill Murray's famous toast in Groundhog Day, "I like to say a prayer and drink to world peace," is very much how I handle my blog entries. I've taken a break from rereading and editing (and yes, I do like where things are he aded - book-wise) and I thought a blogpost and prayer will inspire and bring peace to the masses. Alright, in truth, I want to write something and short stories do not pour out of me - only those pesky epic fantasies - so to blog or not to blog. I'm blogging. At this unforeseen turn in my life, I have ventured at once into known and unknown territory. I've seldom had this much say in my own doings - life had a regimented structure which was rather consuming. The last four years took away even my ability to write, or maybe questioned the need. No blame, just a reality check. I'm pretty sure we need to take the time for art and looking beyond just what is before us. And certainly, look up once in a while. I must confess, living in this